WHERE IS THE DAVISTOWN GIN & JAZZ FESTIVAL BEING HELD?
The Davistown Gin & Jazz Festival will be held on the shores of Brisbane Water in the Backyard of Davistown RSL Club, 19 Murna Road, Davistown NSW 2251.
IS THE EVENT INDOORS?
No, this event is outdoors, those attending are welcome to use the clubs indoor facilities but the Gin distillers, entertainment and food stalls are all on the grassed backyard. Think outdoor stage, set on the rolling lawn overlooking Brisbane Water. General Admission Ticket holders will need to bring their own camp chair or picnic blanket to sit on. Those with Big Shot Lunch Tickets will have reserved VIP seating on the deck overlooking the grassed area.
IS IT AN ALL AGES EVENT?
No this event is for over 18’s only.
WHAT TIME DOES THE EVENT START?
Entry to the Backyard starts at 11 am and is via the Clubs main entrance. Standard club sign-in procedures will apply. Please have your Photo Id or Davistown RSL Club Membership card on hand to expedite signing in.
WHAT TIME DOES THE EVENT FINISH?
The outdoors event finishes at 4.30pm. You are welcome to move inside the club as there will be a jazz / funk duo playing from 4.00pm in the main lounge.
WHAT TIME DOES THE MUSIC START?
Davistown Gin & Jazz festival has music going all day from 11 am
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
Only in the event of, exceptionally severe weather conditions, which are deemed dangerous and put vendors and patrons at risk will the decision be made to postpone the event.
Our events proceed rain or shine. Please come prepared for all conditions.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
There is no specific dress code, but please remember this is an outdoor event and we are at the mercy of Mother Nature. It is important to dress for the weather conditions on the day. This may include a sun hat, sunscreen (not in aerosol form), warm coat or a waterproof jacket for inclement weather. There whilst in the backyard it still comes under Club dress & entry requirements. Men – no singlet tops, no gang colours,
The event area is predominantly grass underfoot so it is advisable to wear comfortable flat shoes or boots should inclement weather be forecasted. Heels and grass don't go well together.
ARE THERE PASS OUTS?
Ticketholders will receive an armband. This will allow you to enter and exit the festival as many times as you like throughout the day.
CAN I BRING MY DOG/PET?
No pets are allowed on-site. The only dogs we allow on-site are authorised assistance dogs. Please ensure you have their certificate ready at the gate to be checked by security.
ARE THE TASTINGS FREE?
Yes tastings are free but at the discretion of each Gin Distillery company. You will also receive two (2) gin tokens included with your ticket price. These can be redeemed at any of the Gin Stands.
1 gin token = 1 standard drink OR
2 gin tokens = 1 signature cocktail.
Gin tokens can also be used to purchase a variety food and drinks in the backyard and inside the Club.
Additional gin tokens may also be purchased on the day.
IS THERE A VIP AREA?
Yes, those who purchase Big Shot Lunch tickets will have reserved VIP seating on the deck overlooking the backyard and festival. Big Shot Lunch tickets also include a grazing platter , sumptuous two course lunch, 2 gin tokens and a gin tasting glass.
You can purchase bottles of Gin from the individual Gin distilleries on the day for takeaway only. Bottle purchased will be in a sealed packaging and are NOT for consumption on site on the day.
CHAIRS & SEATING
CAN I BRING A CHAIR?
Folding chairs are permitted at the Davistown Gin & Jazz Festival, for use outside on our lawn area. Picnic rugs are also permitted. Tents & sunshades are NOT permitted.
ARE THERE SEATS?
There are very few picnic tables in the festival grounds. These will be available on a first in basis. We encourage you to bring a camping chair or picnic rug with you.
IS THERE ANY SHADE?
There is very little shaded areas in the festival grounds. For those who have Big Shot Lunch tickets the deck offers some limited sun protection but the majority of the festival is at the mercy of Mother Nature. We recommend that you dress for the weather conditions including sunscreen (not in aerosol form), a hat and sunglasses.
WHAT SIZE BAG CAN I BRING?
Small to medium bags are permitted but please be prepared to have them searched upon entry by security. Anything deemed too large will not be allowed into the venue as any large objects on the ground are a safety hazard.
FOOD & DRINK
CAN I BRING MY OWN FOOD/DRINK?
No, our business is the supply of food and drink please do not bring your own into the venue. Davistown RSL Club is a fully licensed venue and is STRICTLY NO BYO FOOD OR BEVERAGE (including water). Drinking water will be available (complimentary) at a variety of water filling stations around the venue.
Our vendors have a variety of food offerings and cater to people with special dietary requirements including vegetarian, vegan and Gluten Free.
As part of our RSA Policy, Security will assess Patrons upon entry to the venue and if deemed to be intoxicated patrons will be refused entry. RSA Marshalls as well as security will be patrolling the event throughout the day.
WHAT IF I CAN'T EAT ANYTHING YOU OFFER?
Our food vendors offer a variety of foods and cater to dietary requirements including vegetarian, vegan and gluten free. You may choose to purchase food from the vendors in the backyard on the day or from inside the club.
WHERE IS THE BIG SHOT LUNCH LOCATED?
The Big Shot Lunch is located on the deck of the club overlooking the festival grounds. You will enter via the clubs main entrance. Normal club sign – in procedures will apply. Once you have your armband you can move freely in and out of the club and its grounds all day.
WHAT TIME DOES THE VIP BIG SHOT LUNCH PACKAGE START/WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE?
The Big Shot Lunch - Grazing platters on arrival ( from11am), Lunch served at 1pm. To ensure you get the most out of your package, please ensure you arrive on time, if you are late, you may miss some food service as we are unable to wait for you. The menu is printed on your ticket. If you have special dietary requirements you must contact the event organiser no later than 1 week before to make alterative arrangements.
IS YOUR RESTAURANT/CAFE OPEN ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT?
Yes, our restaurant and indeed the entire club will be open and trading as usual on the day.
WHAT ARE YOUR POLICIES ON RESPONSIBLE SERVICE OF ALCOHOL?
Davistown RSL Club takes the Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) very seriously. We will have both security and RSA Marshalls at the event.
Photo ID will be required to purchase and consume alcohol and service will not be provided to people under 18 years of age.
Patrons will be assessed by bar staff and RSA officer upon entry to the bar areas and if deemed to be intoxicated patrons will be refused service.
While we do our best to make sure Responsible Service of Alcohol is monitored and adhered to we cannot stop individuals from over indulging or having other guests purchase drinks on their behalf.
If you are concerned about the condition or behaviour of patrons near you please alert one of the Security, or RSA Marshalls.
DO YOU HAVE ATMs ON SITE?
Yes, there are ATMs onsite located inside the club.
WHERE DO I PURCHASE TICKETS?
Tickets are available via the Davistown RSL Club website or App and in person from the club’s reception. On the day of the event, if not sold out, tickets can be purchased from reception.
ARE THERE UNDER 18's TICKETS?
No this event is for over 18’s only.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TICKET TYPES?
All General Admission tickets include entry to the festival, 6 hours of music, 2 gin drink tokens and a souvenir gin tasting glass. Upgrade to a Big Shot Lunch ticket to receive all of this PLUS reserved VIP deck seating, grazing platter on arrival and a two course sumptuous lunch.
Please, remember to drink plenty of water and enjoy the culinary delights from the food stalls while attending the concerts.
POLICE & SECURITY?
For your safety security guards, RSA marshals will be on-site.
WHAT DISABLED FACILITIES DO YOU HAVE?
Limited Disabled parking is available near the main entrance to the Club. To park in this area vehicles must have a valid disabled parking sticker displayed.
Disabled toilets are available inside the Club.
The backyard festival grounds can also be accessed via a ramp. Please be aware that Davistown RSL backyard has undulating hills with large amounts of grassed area so it is recommended to attend with assistance.
The Big Shot Lunch VIP area does allow wheelchair access. If you require wheelchair access please contact the club on 02 4363 0199 prior to the event to make sure your table has individual chairs. Some tables are picnic tables that have fixed bench seating running down both sides and are not wheelchair friendly. Other tables are high tables with bar stool style seating please see the seating plan. With prior notice we are happy to ensure your table is wheelchair friendly.
IS THERE PARKING ON-SITE?
Yes, there is parking on-site.
CAN I SMOKE AT THE VENUE?
You may only smoke at designated smoking areas. These areas will be determined by the venue. Should you be found to be smoking in prohibited areas you will be asked to put it out. This includes vaping.
HOW DO I GET THERE?
CAR – There is free car parking available on-site at Davistown RSL Club
BUS - Busways operate regular bus routes to and from Davistown. Check their website for more information https://www.busways.com.au/nsw/plan-your-trip/route-timetables
FERRY - Did you know you can also catch the ferry to from Woy Woy? The Ferry departs Woy Woy Wharf which is across the road from Woy Woy train station. It’s a short trip to Central Wharf at Davistown. Please refer to the Central Coast Ferries website for ferry timetable https://centralcoastferries.com.au/
There is limited disabled parking located close to the entrance.
Please bring along a hard copy or digital copy of your ticket.
This will be scanned to gain entry to the Festival area i.e. backyard. Entry to the backyard is strictly for ticket holders on the day. Access to the backyard is via the main entrance of Davistown RSL Club. Normal club sign-in procedures and dress regulations will apply. You will need to show ID or a current Davistown RSL Club Membership card to enter the club and its grounds.
CAN I LINE UP EARLY?
Davistown RSL Club opens at 10 am, you are welcome to sign into the club at this time but access to the festival area is from 11am.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
PERSONS SEEKING ENTRY TO DAVISTOWN GIN & JAZZ FESTIVAL ARE ADVISED THAT:
· They are entering a licensed area
· All Davistown RSL Club employees & contractors abide by the laws & regulations of the responsible service of alcohol guidelines and harm minimisation requirements.
· Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter
· Intoxicated persons will be removed from Davistown RSL Club premises.
· Checking procedures will apply to prevent persons possessing liquor from entering
· It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol
· Penalties apply under the Liquor Act 2007
WHAT TO BRING
· Event Ticket
· A foldable chair or picnic rug ( not required for Big Shot Lunch Ticket Holders)
· Jacket or poncho for inclement weather.
· Sunscreen (not in aerosol form) and sun hat
· Comfortable shoes suitable for walking around the outdoor, grassed venue (remember heels and grass don't mix!)
WHAT NOT TO BRING
· Professional Cameras, audio or video recording devices
· Tents & sunshades
· Glass, aluminium & metal containers
· Drinks or drink bottles of any kind
· Alcoholic beverages
· Picnic baskets & eskies
· Illegal or illicit substances of any kind
· Musical instruments or air horns
· Poles, sticks, banners or oversized flags (more than 1m x 1m)
· Confetti, glitter or shredded paper
· Fireworks, flares or explosives
· Animals (except for authorised assistance dogs)
· Any other object which may be used as a missile or weapon
· Any other object that the promoter considers inappropriate or dangerous.
FOR THE COMFORT, SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT OF ALL PERSONS, DAVISTOWN RSL CLUB ADVISES THAT:
· Tickets are not redeemable for cash.
· The Davistown Gin & Jazz Festival will only be cancelled if it is dangerous for the performers and/or patrons to remain on site.
· Persons gaining unauthorised access to any of the Davistown Gin & Jazz Festival event areas may be liable for prosecution.
· Davistown RSL Club is not liable nor does it accept any responsibility for any loss or damage whatsoever to any person or property of the death of or injury suffered to any person or animal whilst attending this event.
· Persons entering Davistown RSL Club premises agree to indemnify Davistown RSL Club against any loss or liability, cost, expense or damages arising from or in relation to the entry either by person, vehicle or otherwise.
· Davistown RSL club reserves the right to inspect and/or search bags brought into or out of the Davistown Gin & Jazz Festival and search all persons, their clothing and other items of such persons.
· Persons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from Davistown RSL club employees and contractors will be ejected from the Davistown Gin & Jazz Festival.
· Davistown RSL Club may refuse admission to or eject persons from Davistown RSL Club grounds at its sole discretion.
· Persons entering the Davistown RSL Club must adhere to the NSW Occupational Health & Safety legislation.
· Davistown RSL Club is a Covid Safe Venue. We will be following the current Public Health Order at the time of the event.
· Smoking is not permitted within the seated areas or enclosed spaces of Davistown RSL Club
· Persons must obey all signs, notices and directions given by Davistown RSL Club’s management whilst at Davistown RSL Club.
Note: Any variation to the policy will be at the sole discretion of Davistown RSL Club management.